When you want your house to sell faster there are many things that can be done around the house that doesn’t apply to specifically one room. These tips are things you can do throughout the entire house to make it more presentable for potential buyers to fall in love with.
Throughout Your Home
- Put your family photos in storage.
- Create a positive mood. Turn on all the lights, day or night and install higher wattage light bulbs to show off your home brightly.
- Remove clutter from each room to visually enlarge the space.
- If you have a fireplace, highlight it in your decorating
- Keep your home dusted and vacuumed at all times.
- If your carpets are looking drab, giving them a good steam clean won’t hurt. If they don’t clean up well, you may want to consider replacing them.
- Have a family game plan to get the home in order quickly if necessary in case of a last minute showing request.
- Air out your home for a half hour before showings, if possible.
- Lightly spray the house with air freshener so that it has a chance to diffuse before the buyer arrives.
- Open the draperies, pull up the shades and let in the natural light.
- Improve traffic flow through every room by removing unnecessary furniture.
- Create the feeling of a spacious entry area by using decorative accents and removing unnecessary furniture.
- Putty over and paint any nail holes or other mishaps in the walls.
- Paint all interior wall a neutral colour to brighten the home and make it look bigger.
- Repair or replace any loose or damaged wallpaper.
- Clean all light bulbs and light fixtures to brighten the home.
- Wash all windows inside and out
- Use plants in transitional areas of your house.
- Make the most of your attic’s potential.
- Remove and/or Hide excess extension cords. If you have an extension cord running to a lamp or small appliance try and make due without.
- Open doors to areas you want potential buyers to see such as walk-in closets, pantries, attic, etc.
- Remove all pet and smoke odors. Smoking inside your home can lose you up to 20% of the value.
- Repair or replace banisters and handrails
- Dust any vertical and horizontal blinds.
- if you have any drapes, consider giving them a good wash.
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT OUR OTHER ARTICLES
13 Ways to Sell Your Home Fast: Curb Appeal Edition
10 Ways to Sell Your Home Fast: Bedroom Edition
10 Ways to Sell Your Home Fast: Bathroom Edition
10 Ways to Sell Your Home Fast: Kitchen Edition
5 Ways to Sell Your Home Fast: Storage Edition
We Know What Makes Your Home Sell for Top Dollar
- How it is priced
- How it shows
- How it is Marketed
We’d love the opportunity to show you how our systems and strategies can help you sell your home for the most amount of money in the least amount of time. Please learn more about us www.SellersChallengeLondon.com
or call us today at 519-914-2670!