Kitchens are often the central focus of your house and is often referred to as ‘the heart of the home’. This is a place in the home where stories are told and memories are made. It is a place where you invite your friends and family over to enjoy a meal, or stay up laughing having a drink or two. This area is where you and your partner share romantic, candle-lit dinners and remember why you’re together. It is where families come together to teach your children and grandchildren secret families recipes and a place to experiment with flavour. The kitchen is a place in your home that you visit daily to refuel and nurture your body. For these reasons and more, it can be seen why the kitchen is often considered the most important room of your home.
Here are 10 quick and easy tips for your kitchen that will help sell your house fast!
In The Kitchen
- Make sure all appliances work.
- Dispose of any food that you’ve been storing for a long time.
- Clean the inside of the refrigerator, stove, and cabinets.
- If your stove has electric burners, purchase new drip pans for each burner and wash removable knobs in the dishwasher
- Make sure everything inside the refrigerator and cabinets are not too full – you don’t want it to look cluttered.
- Polish cabinets with furniture oil.
- Make sure appliances, countertops and sink sparkle – install new faucets if necessary.
- Highlight an eat-in area in your kitchen with a table set for dinner.
- Expand your counter space by removing small appliances.
- Microwave a small dish of vanilla 15-20 minutes before a showing and place it in an out-of-the-way place.
Although these tips may seem simple, they will make a lasting impression on buyers and leave them picturing themselves sharing memories in the heart of their new home.