Storage areas such as the attic, basement, and garage are often overlooked when preparing to sell your home. However, these are spaces where you store your most prized possessions, your sporing equipment, childhood memories, and old trophies. It is where you protect your vehicle from harsh Canadian winters and store your children’s toys. It is where unfinished projects and family photos lay to rest. Although these areas are not the primary focus of the house, they should not be forgotten when preparing to sell your home.
Here are 5 quick and easy tips for your attic, basement, and garage that will help sell your house fast!
In The Attic, Basement, and Garage
- Get rid of unnecessary items – store or pack away items that you won’t need until after the move
- Organize everything to create more floor space and make inspections easy – put things on shelves or in matching boxes
- Provide bright lighting – these areas of a house often do not have ample lighting
- Clean all equipment and vents – replace filters and fix any insulation that might be showing
- Take care of stale or musty odors – open the windows, dust, wash the walls and floors, and purchase room deodorizers
By ensuring your storages areas are clean and organized it will showcase to the buyer the amount of storage space you really have. To buyers, it is often some of the small details that turn people away. By making sure these 5 criteria are met, it will show to potential buyers that the entire house is in pristine condition, from the attic to the basement.